First of all you should know that the latest version of MAC OS X can be ruined only on a Intel PC. There are some kernels that are modded to support AMD architecture but those are not officially supported and in conclusion there could be some bugs while you’re running the system.
Now lets focus our attention on the main idea: building a bootable vanilla usb for your hackintosh. The system that I will demo on is the latest mac os version available from Apple: 10.9 Mavericks
Creating the installer
- Prepare your USB as GUID partition map with a HFS+ partition.
- Mount your Mavericks DMG (Right click on “Install OS X 10.9 Golden Master” then its in /Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg)
- Mount BaseSystem.dmg by typing the following in terminal: open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg or if you want a simpler way just open the show hidden files app attached and click SHOW. Now you should see the BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg
- Restore “OS X Base System” to your USB
- Navigate to /System/Installation your USB drive Delete the “Packages” link then copy the Packages folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.
- Use pacifist to extract mach_kernel from /OS X Install ESD/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg to the root of your USB drive. (Note: This is in the attachment).
- Copy essential kexts to /System/Library/Extensions on your USB stick.
- Install chameleon to the USB drive (I personally like Enoch – a version of chameleon: http://www.mediafire.com/?td37c3mixppbftx)
- Create the extra folder for the USB (copy your old one over – for those how have a pro book 4540s with a 3210i processor you could use the following one: http://www.mediafire.com/?fqkho4t1lq7lm8l)
- Inside you extra folder copy the following extensions folder: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rgorvqb2swh9z6k/Extensions.zip (this will assure the correct boot of your mac installer)!
- Copy your folder of essential software & kexts to your USB stick.
After installing the system use the USB to boot into it and install the required Kexts (Kernel Extensions) and the Chameleon boot loader to be able to boot without USB later on.
Using this method i was able to make the the best vanilla install that could be. For sure this method is comparable with the result of Unibeast software, so please let me know how did this method worked for you or if it doesn’t work i’ll try to provide the correct answers to help you install the OS X on your particular hackinthos.